The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is seeking an energetic student to fill the position of Marketing Assistant – Summer Student
This is a great opportunity for students who wish to develop skills and gain experience and be ready for fulltime work once they complete their education.
The job details are as below:
Position: Marketing Assistant – Summer Student
No. of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full time term – 8 weeks
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Hourly rate: $15.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022 (could be sooner)
Location: CASASC, Main Office A201, 5212 48 St. , Red Deer, AB
Reporting to the Communications & Administration Manager, the Marketing Assistant provides day-today support for Marketing and Communication activities to the organization as per the responsibilities of the role and ensure confidentiality, prompt communication, and resourcefulness. The role provides expertise and timely fulfillment of tasks related to supporting social media aspect of our organization.
To be eligible for the position of Marketing Assistant – Summer Student, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Current enrollment in a Marketing & Communications designated program (preferred) or any other relevant program.
- Good understanding of marketing and communication principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Word Press, graphic designing, email marketing software, Adobe creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Hands-on experience managing social media, print media, and other communications
- Video production experience would be an asset.
- Must be a great team player and yet can work independently
- Must be able to present clear criminal records check at their own expense.
- Must have professional acumen and be willing to learn
- Ability to develop and maintain professional rapport with other internal and external members of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the tasks to meet deadlines
- Responsible for day-today administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department. Also, provides support to the Administration department as and when required.
- Creates and schedule posts with engaging content and reports statistics to the Communications and Administration Manger.
- Provides regular content updates for the organization’s website.
- Assist in the development of CASASC’s internal and external communications including, but not limited to marketing collateral materials. This includes writing, editing, designing.
- Assists with management and content creation of social media platforms, CASASC’s website, E-newsletter and/or print media
- Assists in organizing promotional and community events, including fundraisers. Works in collaboration with the Office Assistant and provides support in creating promotional content for the same.
- Liaise with CASASC’s other departments to determine and assist with any internal marketing requirements.
This job is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
How to apply:
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and remains free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2021. Mention the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.