Now Hiring Community Support Services Coordinator
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking an experienced and innovative individual to join our leadership team as the Community Support Services Coordinator.
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Position: Community Support Services Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct reports: Educators (3), SART Team Lead, and Support Services Team Lead
Job Type: Full Time – permanent
Location: Red Deer, AB & travel within Central Alberta
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Hourly rate: Determined based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: September 15th, 2020
The Community Support Services Coordinator (CSS Coord) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Community Support Services department. This includes providing informal and formal supervision for all Educators, SART Team Lead, and Support Services Team Lead. The CSS Coord will actively develop strong partnerships with schools, health services agencies, local businesses, community organizations and volunteers.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Promote CASASC’s education programs & support services to external organizations by attending conferences, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, and/or trade shows.
- Research all funding sources and projects requirements sponsorship grant applications
- Provide reports for applications as required for special events & community initiatives
- Research programming opportunities for the CASASC on an on-going basis
- Responsible to the liaison and/or resource to other CASASC departments to promote and enhance the mission and vision of CASASC
- Provide monthly & quarterly statistical reports to Executive Director, as required
- Education & Prevention Services
- Coordinate all bookings for CASASC education and prevention programs
- Organize transportation and accommodations needs for all Educators
- Analyze feedback data to develop statistical reports to Executive Director regarding the effectiveness of the education programs
- Develop, prepare, and present specialized training programs as requested by community organizations and/or local businesses
- Community Support Services (SART, Help Line, and Volunteers)
- Provide oversight of the Sexual Assault Response Team
- Provide administrative support to the SART Team Lead, SART Coordinator, and/or SANE nurses at Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
- Provide oversight of the 24/7 – Phone/Text/Webchat Help Line
- Provide in-office oversight for volunteer recruiting, and training
- Provide support to Help Line volunteers, Support Team Members & Team Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Education, or related field. (Master’s degree or Post-Graduate certificate in Education, Management, or Leadership, preferred)
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Superior organizational & computer skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity relating to issues of sexual violence prevention programs and/or mental health support services available in Alberta
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, mediate disputes, solve problems while under pressure
- Strong team leadership, supervisory and management skills
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting and management budgets
- Experience with public relations and public speaking
Addition Requirements (must be valid at time of hire):
- RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- A valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory Driver’s abstract
CASASC offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and personal growth.
How to Apply:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Applications must include a resume and a cover letter with salary range expectations and can be emailed email@example.com
Please ensure your name and job title are included in the subject line. Attachments must be in either PDF or Word (.doc/.docx) format.
We thank all applications for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Tuesday September 1st, 2020 at 12:00 pm