The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is seeking an energetic student to fill the position of Office Assistant – Summer Student
This is a great opportunity for students who wish to develop skills and gain experience and be ready for fulltime work once they complete their education.
The job details are as below:
Position: Office Assistant – Summer Student
No. of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full time term – 8 weeks
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Hourly rate: $15.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022 (could be sooner)
Location: CASASC, Main Office A201, 5212 48 St. , Red Deer, AB
Reporting to the Executive Director and Supervised by the Communications & Administration Manager, the Office Assistant provides support to the organization as per the responsibilities of the role and ensure confidentiality, prompt communication, and resourcefulness.
To be eligible for the position of Office Assistant – Summer Student, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Qualification & Requirements:
- Current enrollment in Business Administration program or any other relevant program.
- Good understanding of Administration principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, social media tools and platforms required to fulfill the responsibilities.
- must be able to present clear criminal records check at their own expense.
- must have professional acumen and be willing to learn
- must be a great team player and yet can work independently
- ability to develop and maintain professional rapport with other internal and external members of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the tasks to meet deadlines
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Executive Director.
- Maintains manual and computerized information filing system.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Assistant, and under the supervision of Executive Director and Communications & Administration Manager, arranges and participates the fundraisers and events that are planned in-person and/or virtual.
- Assists Executive Director in grants and report writing.
- Provides support to the Administration department as and when required.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing Assistant and plans and creates promotional content for fundraisers and events.
- Creates and implements marketing plan for upcoming fundraisers and events.
- Works collaboratively with community partners and CASASC team members to coordinate the aspects of fundraisers and events.
This job is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
How to apply:
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and remains free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2021. Mention the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.