Now Hiring – Counsellor x 2
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking to fill the position of Counsellor
The job details are as below:
No. of Positions: 02 (1 Adult/Youth 13+; 1 Adult)
Position Type: Permanent- Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Hourly rate: Commensurate with Experience and Credentials
Anticipated Start Date: POSTING CLOSED
Location: CASASC 203 4820 50 Avenue Red Deer, AB
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Counsellor will provide crisis, short-term and long-term counselling services to those affected by sexual violence, regardless of the length of time since the trauma incident.
The role of the counsellor is to provide individual or group sessions to support personal coping skills and accelerate recovery in those who are experiencing the effects of trauma.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology or related degree is required. Preference will be given to those with professional registration, those with clinical experience and/or those enrolled in a Master’s or Post Graduate Program in Counselling.
- Experience working with survivors of sexual abuse, sexual violence, domestic violence, and/or mental health will be considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills – able to set priorities and working without supervision.
- Ability to mediate disputes, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and utilize coping skills to mitigate the impact of vicarious trauma.
- Crisis Intervention and Trauma Informed training will be considered an asset.
- Provide crisis intervention, problem solving, and/or psycho-educational supports to individuals, groups, and/or families.
- Provide goal directive supportive counselling in the client’s preferred format (face-to- face, by telephone, or by video chat).
- Ensure safety planning is provided to according to agency standards.
- Provide community information, referrals, and services by accompaniment, in accordance with agency and professional standards.
- Adhere to the code of ethics and standards of practice of both the agency and the applicable professional regulatory body.
- Maintain digital records of topics covered and results of individual and/or group counselling activities in accordance with agency standards.
- Maintain up-to-date digital records.
TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES/ STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
- Adheres to the values and guiding principles, policies, and procedures of CASASC and supports the strategic direction of the organization.
- Participates in staff meetings and offered trainings.
- Acts as a responsible team member by demonstrating initiative, completing work duties, and by maintaining clear, direct, and respectful communication with everyone in the work environment.
- Proactively stays current with best and emerging practices in the field. Participates regularly in the staff development activities according to a learning and development plan identified through supervision and the on-going performance review process.
- Provides back-up coverage to CASASC as required in response to the needs and priorities of the organization which includes other duties as and when assigned.
- Maintains agency confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represents CASASC in a professional manner.
- Maintains on-going positive public relations with external agencies, groups, and individuals (if required).
- Uses appropriate mechanisms for resolving internal agency problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the importance of diversity, dignity, and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Kristine Bugayong, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com. Mention the position in the subject line. Review of resumes will begin by the end of April. Position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.