Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the leadership team, as the HR Specialist you will manage the day-to-day operations of the human resource department, as well as the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Specialist is responsible for employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and hiring/recruitment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting and staffing logistics
- Organizational and space planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Organization development
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relationship management
- Management-employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, and wellness education
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications, however some equivalencies may be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role
- CPHR designation or Candidate status working towards designation
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the Alberta Employment Standards Code and Canadian labour laws and legislation
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving and conflict management
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of labour legislation and payroll processes
- Knowledge and experience with the world of non-governmental organizations would be an asset to consider.
- Candidates will also have to undergo a Criminal Record Check, must have a valid driver’s license with valid and satisfactory driver’s abstract as well as standard first aid with CPR “C” and AED.
Qualified applicants should apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer, that values diversity of people and communities, and are committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization and as such we welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
*Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. CASASC is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Alberta with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
*This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
Application deadline: Wednesday August 17, 2022 @ 4 p.m.