The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is seeking energetic students to fill TWO (2) positions of Summer Student
This is a great opportunity for students who wish to develop skills and gain experience and be ready for fulltime work once they complete their education.
The job details are as below:
Position: Summer Student
No. of Positions: 2
Position Type: Full time term – 8 weeks
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Hourly rate: $15.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: CLOSED
Location: CASASC, Main Office A201, 5212 48 St. , Red Deer, AB
Reporting to the Executive Director & Management within CASASC, the summer student position could provide support to one or more of the following areas:
- day-to-day support for Marketing and Communication activities to the organization as per the responsibilities of the role and ensure confidentiality, prompt communication, and resourcefulness. The role provides expertise and timely fulfillment of tasks related to supporting social media aspect of our organization.
- day-to-day support for an Office Assistant activities to the organization as per the responsibilities of the role and ensure confidentiality, prompt communication, and resourcefulness.
- other duties and tasks as applicable to the knowledge, skills and experiences of the Summer Student candidate
To be eligible for the position of Summer Student, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Current enrollment in a relevant program (Marketing & Communications, Business Administration, etc.)
- Good understanding of marketing and communication, administration principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, social media tools and platforms
- Must be a great team player and yet can work independently
- Must be able to present clear criminal records check at their own expense.
- Must have professional acumen and be willing to learn
- Ability to develop and maintain professional rapport with other internal and external members of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the tasks to meet deadlines
This job is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
How to apply:
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and remains free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.