The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking to fill the position of Funds Development Coordinator
The job details are as below:
Position: Fund Development Coordinator
No. of Positions: 01
Position Type: Full time, 1-year term
Hours per week: 40
Hourly rate: Commensurate with Experience and Credentials
Anticipated Start Date: CLOSED
Location: CASASC, A 201, 5212-48 Street, Red Deer
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and/or organizing fundraising events. Identifying, soliciting, and securing funds for the organization and ensuring fundraising events are carefully planned and executed to maximize financial support. This role will also be responsible to identify and apply for grant opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in event management, finance, fund development, or other related field with 2-4 years experience working in a similar capacity.
- Experience working in non-profit industry will be an asset.
- Must have experience in fundraising for non-profit organizations.
- Experience in grant writing, developing fund applications, or other technical writing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills – able to set priorities and working without supervision.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as an independent key player within minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates creativity in coming up with fundraising opportunities and executing events successfully.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driver’s abstract and clear criminal record check screening is required.
- Assists in the development of fundraising goals, research potential funding sources and creates and executes fund development plans to meet the goals.
- Plans, coordinates, and execute fundraising events and activities from start to end.
- Identifies federal, provincial, and/or private funding opportunities, writes effective grant proposals and applies for the same to secure the grants.
- Assists the Executive director with creating budgets based upon anticipated fundraising results.
- Identifies and solicits new donors, takes initiative to negotiate funding.
- Works in collaboration with the communications department to promote CASASC’s fundraising events.
- Maintains positive relations and communications with donors, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Process donations and/or sponsorships ad manages database (digital and paper files). Ensure that the records are kept up to date.
TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES/ STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
- Adheres to the values and guiding principles, policies, and procedures of CASASC and supports the strategic direction of the organization.
- Participates in staff meetings and offered trainings.
- Acts as a responsible team member by demonstrating initiative, completing work duties, and by maintaining clear, direct, and respectful communication with everyone in the work environment.
- Proactively stays current with best and emerging practices in the field. Participates regularly in the staff development activities according to a learning and development plan identified through supervision and the on-going performance review process.
- Provides back-up coverage to CASASC as required in response to the needs and priorities of the organization which includes other duties as and when assigned.
- Maintains agency confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represents CASASC in a professional manner.
- Maintains on-going positive public relations with external agencies, groups, and individuals (if required).
- Uses appropriate mechanisms for resolving internal agency problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the importance of diversity, dignity, and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Specialist at email@example.com. Mention the position in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.