CASASC is seeking an experienced and innovative individual to join our dynamic team as an Educator for our school-based program No Secrets.
Position: Educator – No Secrets
Reports to: Community Support Services Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time – 12-month term-certain (maternity-leave)
Location: Red Deer, AB & occasional daily travel to schools within Central Alberta
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Hourly rate: Determined based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
As a part of CASASC’s Education team, the Educator – No Secrets supports our goal to increase the personal safety of individuals through education and empowerment, which will prevent sexual violence.
Our school-based program No Secrets is a two-part personal safety program for students K-8 with a focus on child sexual abuse prevention. No Secrets Part 1 is for children ages 5-9 focusing on the topics of safe and unsafe touching, safe and unsafe secrets, body parts including private areas, feelings and who you can tell. No Secrets Part 2 is for youth ages 10-13 builds on topics from Part 1 while exploring the importance of a safety network, the foundations of a healthy relationship, body ownership and boundaries, and consent (education and empowerment).
This position is one part of the two-person No Secrets educational team. Each educator on the team is responsible for preparing and delivering either part of the No Secrets program, determined by the Community Support Services Coordinator.
- Prepare and deliver the No Secrets program by providing interactive and dynamic presentations using age-appropriate methods and activities.
- Participate in community public education forums and/or events to promote the awareness of sexual violence issues
- Provide program relevant statistical data for reports
- Bachelor’s degree or a relevant diploma (EA/ELCC) with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Exceptional presentation & public speaking skills
- Ability to build rapport with children and youth ages 5-14 years old
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and/or independently
- Superior time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficient using computers and presentation equipment (incl. basic troubleshooting)
- Availability to work occasional evenings/weekends for special events
- Program planning and material distribution
- Presentation set up & take down (tables, chairs, computers, projectors, etc)
- Low level and waist level lifting to 20 lbs. as well as overhead reaching and above shoulder lifting, could also include trunk rotation and side carrying with either dominant or non-dominant hands
- Frequent use of office equipment including computers, projectors, etc.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs while carrying supplies
Addition Requirements (must be valid at time of hire):
- RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- A valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory Driver’s abstract
CASASC offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and personal growth.
How to Apply:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Email resume & cover letters with salary range expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your name and job title are included in the subject line. Attachments must be in either PDF or Word (.doc/.docx) format.
We thank all applications for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday August 21, 2020 at 12:00 pm.