The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking a self-identified Indigenous individual to join the Kinship Intervention Program (KIP) team as the Community Outreach Facilitator.
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Reporting to the KIP Team-lead and responsible to the Executive Director, The KIP Community Outreach Facilitator works in partnership with the KIP Team Lead to achieve the objectives of the Project, the prevention of sexual assault incidents within the Indigenous Juvenile population in Central Alberta. This involves evidence-based early intervention for issues including childhood sexual behavior concerns. The overall goal / objective of the project is to utilize a multi-systemic approach.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
– Bachelor’s in social work, Psychology or equivalent preferred. (A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered)
– At least 2 years of experience working in similar industry will be considered as an asset or a combination of education, knowledge, aptitude, and skills.
– Have a passion to work with Indigenous Community.
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills and business development acumen.
– Must be empathic and have ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with community partners, clients, CASASC team members and other stake holders.
– Have flexible and adaptive approach and must be willing to take challenges, learn and gain knowledge and experience.
– Be a self-starter with ability and aptitude to achieve goals and work with different community partners.
– Must have proficient computer skills (MS Office), database management programs, reporting skills.
– Excellent time management, organization, and advocacy skills.
– The position requires travel to Indigenous Communities/Reserves within Central Alberta (approx. 50% of time). The Company’s vehicle will be used for official travel purpose. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be able to produce clean driver’s abstract.
– Must be able to provide a clear and valid criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
– Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job and be able to lift minimum 40lbs as and when required to fulfill the job responsibilities.
– Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
– Establish and enhance communication and partnership with communities and key Elders in the communities.
– Build relationships with Elders in communities within Central Alberta for guidance on cultural approaches to add value to service delivery such as smudging the room prior to therapy sessions etc.
– Reach out to Indigenous Communities and/or Reserves and build rapport with Community Elders/Band Chief.
– Provide information to Communities about the services offered by CASASC under the KIP Project and other programs and services of CASASC.
– Connect clients with CASASC’s internal programs as required.
– Educate the community and work in partnership with KIP project-lead on sexual violence prevention within Indigenous juvenile and related issues.
– Educate and empower communities to understand sexual violence prevention and early intervention and educate communities to understand their rights and responsibilities as participating member of the society.
– Helps facilitate clients’ optimized utilization of all community supports and services.
– Work in collaboration with CASASC education team on developing resources and training material for staff interacting with Indigenous youth, their family, and the school system on cultural sensitivity, Indigenous therapies, and intercultural counselling methods.
– Develops and maintains effective teamwork relationships within CASASC and with external stakeholders.
– Keeps proper database of community partners and prepare reports as required.
Team Responsibilities / Staff Development:
– Adheres to the values and guiding principles, policies, and procedures of CASASC and supports the strategic direction of the organization.
– Participates in staff meetings and offered trainings.
– Acts as a responsible team member by demonstrating initiative, completing work duties, and by maintaining clear, direct, and respectful communication with everyone in the work environment.
– Proactively stays current with best and emerging practices in the field. Participates regularly in the staff development activities according to a learning and development plan identified through supervision and the on-going performance review process.
– Provides back-up coverage to CASASC as required in response to the needs and priorities of the organization which includes other duties as and when assigned.
– Maintains agency confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
– Represents CASASC in a professional manner.
– Maintains on-going positive public relations with external agencies, groups, and individuals.
– Uses appropriate mechanisms for resolving internal agency problems.
– Maintain professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the management
Contract length: 22 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Follows all COVID SoPs
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
How to Apply:
Email resume & cover letters to email@example.com. Please ensure your name and job title are included in the subject line. Attachments must be in either PDF or Word (.doc/.docx) format.
We thank all applications for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Application is open until a suitable candidate is found.