The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking an energetic student to fill the position of Office Assistant – Summer Student.
This is a great opportunity for a student who wishes to develop skills, gain experience and be ready for fulltime work once they complete their education.
The job details are as follows:
Position: Office Assistant – Summer Student
No. of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full time term – 9 weeks
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Hourly rate: $16 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: June 8th, 2021
Location: CASASC, Main Office A201, 5212 48 St. , Red Deer, AB
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Reporting to the Communications and Administrative Coordinator, the Office Assistant provides administrative support to the organization requiring considerable discretion and confidentiality, prompt communication, and resourcefulness.
To be eligible for the summer student position, the student must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Must have a professional acumen and be willing to learn.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the tasks to meet the deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional rapport with other internal and external members of the organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Manage the front desk, answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Greet visitors, and direct them to employer appropriate person.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing system.
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer.
- Maintain office inventory and order the supplies when needed through approved vendors.
- Assist the Communications and Administrative Coordinator with any other administrative tasks as and when required.
How to Apply:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the importance of diversity, dignity, and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 31, 2021. Mention the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.