The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking to fill the position of Communications Specialist
The job details are as below:
Position: Communications Specialist
No. of Positions: 01
Position Type: Permanent- Part Time
Hours per week: 24
Hourly rate: Determined based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: CLOSED
Location: CASASC A201, 5212-48 Street Red Deer, AB
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
The Communications Specialist is a cooperative team member of CASASC responsible to implement and execute a variety of internal and external communication activities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with management team, staff, volunteers, and the community to develop and implement communications strategies which will broaden CASASC’s impact and facilitate the achievement of CASASC’s vision and mission.
The Communications Specialist involves in continuous quality improvement by providing support to the Executive Director and contribute to the efficient day-to-day communications operations of the organization. The goal of this position is to increase brand awareness and funding opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Post-secondary Degree or education with a focus on communications, professional writing, journalism, public relations, or similar discipline.
- 2-4 years direct experience with non-profit organization in a communication and marketing role.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner.
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in sexual violence prevention and related issues.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent public relation and interpersonal skills and must be comfortable in building relationship and rapport with external media personnel.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic communication and marketing plans and materials.
- Experience with Word Press, Graphic Designing, Email marketing software, Adobe Creative Suite and CRM would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Hands-on experience of managing social media, print media and other communications and marketing platforms used to increase organization’s presence.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of latest media and communication tools and software.
- Must be a team player and willing to take new challenges.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide a clear and valid criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job and be able to lift 40lbs as and when required to fulfill the job responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Communication Strategy and Brand Oversight
- Implement and integrate strategic communication plans to advance CASASC’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its resources and supports, and increase visibility to all key stakeholders.
- Work as internal and external brand ambassador.
- Design and implement marketing and public relations strategies that will allow CASASC’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with target audience, including funding partners, media, and key influencers of the community.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more to support promotional events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing, Public Relations and Advocacy
- Assist in the development of CASASC’s internal and external communications including, but not limited to communication media plans, and marketing collateral materials. This includes writing, editing, and designing.
- Create and coordinate brand awareness content for the organization on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, CASASC’s official website, E-newsletter, and/or print media and promote CASASC’s mission and vision.
- Assist the Executive Director and coordinate other members of the team in fundraising events and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on communication metrics and analytics.
- Support Executive Director with media interactions that help promote CASASC’s brand awareness in the community.
- Exercise judgement to prioritize media opportunities, prepare speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed for the Executive Director or other staff members when needed.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding CASASC’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Manage requests for sponsorship, donations, and partnerships.
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press.
- Supports and assists Executive Director in identifying grant opportunities and writing proposals for the same while upholding the mission, vision, and values of CASASC under the supervision and guidance of Executive Director.
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, social media, influencers, and build strategic partnerships to grow brand awareness inline with the core values of the organization.
TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES/ STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
- Adheres to the values and guiding principles, policies, and procedures of CASASC and supports the strategic direction of the organization.
- Participates in staff meetings and offered trainings.
- Acts as a responsible team member by demonstrating initiative, completing work duties, and by maintaining clear, direct, and respectful communication with everyone in the work environment.
- Proactively stays current with best and emerging practices in the field. Participates regularly in the staff development activities according to a learning and development plan identified through supervision and the on-going performance review process.
- Provides back-up coverage to CASASC as required in response to the needs and priorities of the organization which includes other duties as and when assigned.
- Maintains agency confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represents CASASC in a professional manner.
- Maintains on-going positive public relations with external agencies, groups, and individuals.
- Uses appropriate mechanisms for resolving internal agency problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
CASASC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the importance of diversity, dignity, and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Please ensure your name and job title are included in the subject line with attachments either in PDF or Word format.
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm on Friday, May 12, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.