Grades: Kindergarten to Grade 4
Time: Two sessions, 35-45 minutes
Availability: Booking in-person sessions only
No Secrets K-4 is a personal safety program for children ages 5 – 9 with a focus on child sexual abuse prevention. No Secrets is an in-school program presented free-of-charge in two parts by the CASASC education team.
- Visual images, songs, videos and books along with some leave behind materials.
- Alberta Education curriculum aligned
- Facilitated parent/teacher session add on (in-person or virtual delivery)
5 lessons are delivered on the following topics:
- Everyone has a body (understanding the every person’s body is unique and needs to be respected)
- What is public? What is private? (understanding the meaning of public and private)
- Bodies are private (learn about the parts of the body including the correct names for the private part of the body)
- My body is my own (understanding that taking care of our body is necessary for good health)
- Touching can be safe or unsafe (defining safe and unsafe touching and some scenarios)
- Secrets can be safe or unsafe (defining safe and unsafe secrets and that secrets about touching should never be kept)
- Personal safety network (identifying safe friends, adults and how to use a personal safety network)
- 3 body boundaries and 3 personal safety rules
What you can expect: Age appropriate delivery (due to the program’s sensitive nature) in a classroom setting with interactive content, including games and videos.
What it’s not: Sexual education or “sex ed.” The program’s aim is strictly prevention.
Our goal: Increase the personal safety of students through education and empowerment, which will prevent sexual abuse.