The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking vibrant and organized individuals to join our administration team in a volunteer capacity.
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Volunteer Position: Administration volunteer
Accountability to: Administration Manager
Location: Red Deer, Central Alberta
The Administration Volunteer is a collaborative member of the Administration team. This is an opportunity to use your skills to help in the day-to-day operations of CASASC. You will connect with individuals, provide in-person reception and support, field inquires from the community by telephone and assist individuals along their healing journey. If you are willing to help out front and centre for about four hours a week, we would love to have you join our volunteer team.
Responsibilities: As a volunteer on the Administration Team you will
- Provide professional customer service and information to clients and the community both by telephone and in-person.
- Manage the admin desk. This involves answering telephone calls and electronic enquiries, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate team members.
- Greet in-person clients and visitors professionally and direct them to the appropriate team member, department or program.
- Create and maintain files on an electronic client database.
- Schedule and follow up client appointments.
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Keep office areas tidy and alert supervisor when maintenance or supplies are required.
- Complete any other duties or tasks as assigned by the Administration Manager or CASASC Leadership Team.
Qualifications: You will bring many talents and skills to this role including these basics
- Training in office administration AND/OR one year of work-related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the general public, clients and coworkers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, including telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Dependable and a willingness to learn.
- Organized and resourceful.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Where and when you would volunteer:
- You would commit to volunteering approximately once a week for a four-hour period during CASASC office hours between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You would work in-person at one of the CASASC offices, the main admin office (A201, 5212 48 Street) or the clinical office.
How to Apply:
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
This volunteer position requires a satisfactory criminal record reference check and reference check.
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experiences you can bring to CASASC by sending us your resume and a short email. Email your info to Erin Willmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Application deadline: Ongoing