Our Mission, Vision + Beliefs
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is committed to ending sexual violence and helping to build safer communities through promoting awareness and healing, education, empowerment and renewal.
Central Alberta will be a safer, healthier and more informed community surrounding the issues of sexual assault and sexual abuse.
Individuals will be empowered to make informed choices about personal safety, sexual interactions and/or emotional distress.
Values + Guiding Principles
LEADERSHIP – We are the leaders in the cause against sexual violence.
RESPECT – We respect the diversity of people and are committed to providing support to all who are affected by sexual violence.
CARING – We show compassion and help those in need.
ACCOUNTABILITY – We are responsible for our decisions and actions on behalf of CASASC. We demonstrate due diligence in fulfilling our commitments to our clients, their families, and friends, volunteers, funders, and all others who provide support to those we serve.
COMMITMENT – We strive to make a positive difference in the lives of people affected by sexual violence. We share this commitment and encourage others to share in our vision.
COLLABORATION – We work openly and in a coordinated manner within our organization and with others.
In all we do, CASASC operates with these core beliefs.
- People can heal
- We are facilitators of the healing process
- In valuing diversity and respecting all people
- Individuals should be free to make their own life choices
- Each person should have the opportunity to learn and to grow
- In creating a safe environment and maintaining confidentiality
- Services must be accessible to children, adolescents, women and men
- Inability to pay should not be a barrier to receiving service
- In providing support and advocacy for people who have been affected by sexual violence
- Public education and advocacy are vital for eliminating violence
- Offenders must take responsibility for violence
- Teamwork is essential
- Volunteers are crucial to our agency and provide a link to communities
- In working with other agencies to further common goals.
Board of Directors
CASASC is a voluntary non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors
2020-21 Board of Directors
- Chairperson – Suzanne Zukiwsky
- Vice Chairperson – Karen Benoit
- Treasurer – Rachel Hansma
- Secretary – Coralie Mobley
- Director – Kellie Cummings
- Director – Kyle Kisio
- Director – Chris Llewellyn
- Director – Lisa Spicer
- Director – Amber Mitten
- Director – Wynny Sillito