Through the Family Intervention Program (FIP), CASASC is working to support families and children. To parents and caregivers, we are teaching effective parenting skills that emphasize healthy sexuality, boundaries, rules about behavior, identifying risky situations and safety factors and accountability.
This program dealing with the issue of sexual behaviour concerns offers one-to-one, family intervention and support services to youths and their families. Sessions are designed to support personal coping skills.
Sexual acting out may include:
• Sexual language (e.x. direct and inadvertent statements)
• Increased sexual exploration
• Excessive masturbation and often in public
• Inappropriate physical boundaries
• Intense preoccupation with sexual matters
• Sexual aggression towards other children, adults or animals
Treatment is important