Volunteer Dog Walker
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is seeking energetic and fur-loving individuals to join our team in a volunteer capacity.
The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization serving the Central Alberta region under the direction of a community-based Board of Directors.
We specialize in healing sexual trauma so you can talk freely about the hard stuff with no judgement. We provide a range of support services for individuals who are affected by sexual violence including counselling, play therapy, police and court support, crisis support and education.
Volunteer Position: Volunteer Dog Walker
Accountability to: Administration Manager
Location: Red Deer, Central Alberta
The Volunteer Dog Walker is an important member of the CASASC team. This is an opportunity to use your skills and love of animals to help in the day-to-day operations of CASASC. You will take Oscar, our pet therapy dog in training, on one of his daily walks during his workday at the office. Oscar is a year and a half old Bernedoodle (large breed) – he is spunky, energetic and really such a sweet guy. If you are willing to help out in this capacity, we would love to have you join our volunteer team.
Responsibilities: As a volunteer dog walker you will
- Pick up Oscar at the main office and take him for a guided 30-45 minute walk. Leash, treats and waste bags will be provided.
- Ensure Oscar’s safety during the walk and return to the office.
Qualifications: You will bring many talents and skills to this role including these basics
- Ability to work independently.
- Dependable and a willingness to learn.
- Have a genuine love of animals.
- Previous experience walking dogs or owning a dog is preferred.
Where and when you would volunteer:
- You would commit to volunteering approximately once a week for a 30 minute to hour period during CASASC office hours between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- You would check-in in-person at the main office (A201, 5212 48 Street) and take Oscar on foot for a walk anywhere near the office.
How to Apply:
Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
This volunteer position requires a satisfactory criminal record reference check and reference check.
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experiences you can bring to CASASC by sending us your resume and a short email. Email your info to Erin Willmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Application deadline: Ongoing