To all who come here… Believe.
Today is my birthday…this appointment is my gift to myself.
The more I face my fears the more free I become. I know one day I will be through this.
Gradually you feel whole again. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.
I have found an inner strength I never know I had. I can survive this – you can too.
It is never your fault. Don’t let someone else define your life.
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Our Mission, Vision & Beliefs
Our Mission: The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC) is committed to ending the culture of sexual violence and helping to build safer communities for all Central Albertans through promoting awareness and healing, education, empowerment and renewal.
Our Vision: Central Alberta will be a safer, healthier and more informed community surrounding the issues of sexual assault and sexual abuse.
VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPLESLEADERSHIP – We are the leaders in the cause against sexual assault and sexual abuse.
RESPECT – We respect the diversity of people and are committed to providing support to all who are affected by sexual assault and sexual abuse.
CARING – We show compassion and help those in need.
ACCOUNTABILITY – We are responsible for our decisions and actions on behalf of CASASC. We demonstrate due diligence in fulfilling our commitments to our clients, their families, and friends, volunteers, funders, and all others who provide support to those we serve.
COMMITMENT- We strive to make a positive difference in the lives of people affected by sexual assault and sexual abuse. We share this commitment and encourage others to share in our vision.
COLLABORATION – We work openly and in a coordinated manner within our organization and with others.
In all we do, the Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre believes that:
- People can heal and we are facilitators of the healing process
- We value diversity and respect all people; services are accessible to all including children, women and men – regardless of faith, ethnicity or income levels.
- Individuals are free to make their own life choices and each person has the opportunity to learn and to grow
- We provide a safe environment and maintain confidentiality
- Public education and advocacy are vital for eliminating sexual violence
- Teamwork is essential; volunteers are crucial to CASASC and provide a link to communities
- Offenders should be held accountable for their actions